Most popular accessories & related items…
- Reviews (4)
Q & A
can accommodate a wide selection of aftermarket grips to suit any hand
size. With its intermediate size and weight, it is comfortable to grip by
its finger grooved grip. Its overall configuration allows for a good
position of the trigger finger around the narrow smooth trigger. The
narrow, smooth trigger allowed the finger to roll over its surface,
preventing the tendency to pull the sights off target during the long
double action stroke.
- Category : Revolvers
- Type : Revolver
- Action : Single/Double
- Caliber : 357 Magnum
- Barrel Length : 4.0″
- Capacity : 7
- Hammer Style : Spurred
- Grips : Black Synthetic
- Sights : Red Ramp Front, Adjustable White Outline Rear
- Weight : 38.9 oz
- Frame Description : Stainless Steel
- 4Nice gun, except….
Posted by Harley Doc on May 6th 2012
The 686+ is an awesome pistol, nice to have the 7th round and all, BUT…I’m not a fan of the round butt frame. There remains much to be said for the feel of the butt frame, particularly if you have larger hands. Much better feel and control. That’s my only complaint.
- 5Accurate…HELL YEAH!
Posted by WarPig on Jul 31st 2011
I have shot almost every type and caliber of handgun and believe it or not, this is THE most accurate handgun I have ever shot! And it’s not that I am some kind of expert marksman… I let my 17 year old son shoot it and the first time out he was shooting 2″ clusters at 15-20 yards.
Powerful, intimidating, dare I say, beautiful gun!
Pricey yes, but this will last for a century or more and well worth the dough.
Posted by Nate on Dec 6th 2010
I really enjoy shooting the 686. It’s not like the revolvers S&W use to make, but they’re still one of the best new ones out there.
- 5Excellent home defense weapon
Posted by Mark on Nov 14th 2010
S&W is known for their excellent revolvers, and they continued their excellence with the 686+. adding another chamber into the cylinder without increasing the size of the weapon, allows users an extra shot of the ultra potent .357 magnum.
With the Adjustable rear sights this weapon is also accurate past typical defense ranges. i am not the most accurate pistol shooter, having only received my pistol license a few months ago, but even i can hit a silhouette out at 25 yards, every time in single action, and most of the time in double action.
as a revolver their is no manual safety, the manual safety is the extremely hefty trigger pull in double-action. it is very difficult to get used to the trigger pull. however, one can empty the cylinder (and if you do this, please triple check to ensure it is empty) and practice the trigger pull, simply by pulling the trigger (remember safe gun handling). I was able to do this many, many times, and my finger has become accustom to the trigger pull, and i now can shoot fairly accurately in double action.
the single action aspect (manually cocking the hammer) is a very light, crisp trigger pull. it is also fairly accurate, being able to hit center mass even at 25 yards, off-hand.
This is a heavy weapon. It weighs 38.5 ounces, unloaded. It can be difficult for smaller people to hold the gun up properly, or for extended periods, and for smaller people the recoil can still be brutal shooting .357 ammo (my wife can shoot it, but does not like to, it is to heavy for her, and the recoil is a touch to much for her). however, this gun can shoot .38 specials. this is excellent. shooting .38 specials is much cheaper (compared to .357) and the recoil is not as severe, leading to more training to hone your skills in handling, aiming, etc.
This gun makes an excellent home defense gun because it can be loaded and left unused, and uncleaned for a very long period of time. it also could make a great hunting companion, although its weight and size may make it to cumbersome for some.
I have medium, to large size hands. i have noticed that those with small hands (particularity small woman) have a difficult time holding the weapon and reaching the trigger, but can do it with some practice. and to a man with giant hands, the grip might feel inadequate in size, but should still be easily manageable.
all in all, this is an excellent weapon, perfect for home defense, hunting companion, and even a carry weapon if the person has a frame large enough to easily hide the weapon (i prefer it in a cross draw holster, as it makes it easier to sit for long periods of time, and a short jacket can easily conceal it for me.)
Estimated shipping times are posted on the product information page under the title “Ships On Or Before:” please note that all lead-times are estimates. For items in our warehouse, we usually ship within 3 business days. For items only available at distribution or other sources, the ship time may be up to 10 business days. For items only available at the manufacturer, the lead-time may be a few weeks or longer– depending on availability.
Please also note that some items are unique, hard to obtain, or one-of-a-kind, so Impact reserves the right to cancel your order should an item not be available to ship.
We will not charge your credit card until your product ships, except for certain special orders.
We normally will ship FedEx and US POSTAL. If you need faster shipment, we can ship 2nd Day or Next Day for an extra charge.
Alaska and Hawaii residents – your order MUST ship 2nd day or faster. Most orders over $100 value will ship with a signature-required to ensure they make it to you. Products that have free shipping only applies to the lower 48 states.
NOTE: We make every effort to get your order shipped as fast as possible. In some circumstances, especially during sales and after weekends, we may not get your order shipped in the time specified. Please rest assured that we will ship your item as soon as we can.
We want you to be 100% satisfied with your purchase from Impact Guns, therefore we offer no hassle returns.
How do I start the return process?
- Log in to your www.impactguns.com account and locate and click on the “Request Return” link.
- An Impact Guns agent will review your request for a return and respond within two business days.
- All returns are subject to inspection and approval prior to refund being issued.
- All products need to be in new and original manufacturer condition.
- As an alternate method, you can send an email to email@example.com. Please be sure to include your original order number and relevant contact information.
When will I get my credit or return?
- Most returns are fully refunded in 3-5 days after we receive and process the return. It may take longer for the credit to appear in your account depending on your bank. Most items that are in stock ship within 3-5 days after receipt of your returned item but may take longer depending on availability.
- Returns must be charged back to the original credit card used in the purchase. If this is not possible, we will refund you via check.
What about damaged/incorrect items?
- If you received a damaged, defective, or incorrect item, Impact Guns will ship you a replacement of the exact item upon receipt of the damaged or defective item. Impact Guns will send you a return shipping label for the return.
What about return shipping costs?
- If an Impact Guns error causes the need to return an item or we are replacing a returned defective or incorrect item, then we will pay the associated shipping costs.
- Otherwise, the customer is responsible for any return shipping costs. When returning an item, please add package tracking and adequate insurance.